Saturday, November 11, 2006

To be or not to be...

At 23,000 words, my WIP is starting to shape up. One sort of key plot point I keep going back and forth on involves the grandfather: I'm trying to decide whether to kill him off. In the original draft, he was dead from the start. In my current one, he dies about half to two thirds of the way in. But, I'm debating whether he should survive til the bitter end...

In other news, Cyn and I had the pleasure of dining with Libba Bray last night at Green Pastures. Cyn blogs about it here. Libba's hard at word revising the manuscript for The Sweet Far Thing, the final book in the trilogy begun with A Great and Terrible Beauty. I'm also excited about Going Bovine, the manuscript she brought to WriteFest last year, and which will be coming out sometime after The Sweet Far Thing.

Other WriteFest manuscripts that have been or soon will be published include Laura Ruby's Good Girls (HarperCollins 2006), Brian Yansky's Wonders of the World (Flux, June 1, 2007), and Katie Davis's first book for older readers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...